Some casual notes about this video:
– Not enough flags present.
– Articulating the rural-urban divide has never been easier than this.
– Kid Rock looks a lot like my Uncle.
– Is it required for emcees to have terrible haircuts in 2012?
– We skipped all the places between the Bronx and Alabama.
– Kool Herc should get props — but the necessity of giving him a caption to ID the seemingly-random-older-black-DJ-guy at the end of the video strikes me as a token nod to the codification of the early symbols of hip hop.
– The lifted limo looks like something that the staff of Elemental magazine would mock.
– How much does Monster pay Yela for the promo?